Monday, March 12, 2012

This Gardeners Disneyland

Do you remember the first time you ever walked into a Costco? Well, that memory rushed back to me as I wondered around the new Green Acres in Folsom.  What a gardener's delight!!!! 

I had a specific need for a tree/bush to live in a pot in the back yard.  It needed to be evergreen, heat and drought resistant and fast growing.  Standing in the massive outdoor plants area (looking like a kid in a candy store) I was offered help by "Coach".  I explained to him my need and withing 8 minutes he had identified at least 10 plants that met my criteria and most I had never seen!  What a fun time selecting a Cherry Laurel which will look beautiful in the bright red glazed pot we found to play off the red tinged leaves.  It's a beautiful selection!

Welcome Green Acres to Folsom!  You are this gardener's delight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment